Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for new GS450 Fork Cap Replacements - Honda to the rescue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for new GS450 Fork Cap Replacements - Honda to the rescue!

As other GS owners may be aware, acquiring new fork cap bolts for your suspension can be almost impossible. After much pain and suffering I have discovered that 33mm Suzuki (OEM Part# 51351-33130) fork cap bolts are directly replaceable with 33mm Honda (OEM Part# 94605-27101) fork cap bolts. They are the exact same part in literally every way. I've measured and installed them on my 1981 GS450L to verify this. They even use the same size o-ring.

The best thing about this is that unlike Suzuki, Honda still produces this part and are available for purchase from factory, and they are super inexpensive!

So look no further, if any GS450 riders out there want some new shiny chrome bits for their suspension Honda has you covered. Just make sure to verify your tube size and OEM part numbers.

Back when our bikes where being produced you basically had two suppliers of fork assemblies, the main one being Showa and the other Kyaba. There's plenty of cross referencing that can be done between brands because of this!
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

I identify as a man but according to the label on a box of Stauffers Baked Lasagne I'm actually a family of four

Comment

Originally posted by eliotsell View Post
      As other GS owners may be aware, acquiring new fork cap bolts for your suspension can be almost impossible. After much pain and suffering I have discovered that 33mm Suzuki (OEM Part# 51351-33130) fork cap bolts are directly replaceable with 33mm Honda (OEM Part# 94605-27101) fork cap bolts. They are the exact same part in literally every way. I've measured and installed them on my 1981 GS450L to verify this. They even use the same size o-ring.

The best thing about this is that unlike Suzuki, Honda still produces this part and are available for purchase from factory, and they are super inexpensive!

So look no further, if any GS450 riders out there want some new shiny chrome bits for their suspension Honda has you covered. Just make sure to verify your tube size and OEM part numbers.
      thats great info i wander if the dimensions extend to tube od and whole front end swsps.
      WELL looked it up Showa is manu latest bike using it is a 2008 250NIGHTHAWK.. WITH leading drums.
      Last edited by Cipher; 08-31-2023, 11:08 AM.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I remember those skinny Honda CB360 forks seemed to fit everything. They almost look like what came on the CBX. My brother in law has one that is in showroom condition. I am shocked by how skinny those forks are. He doesn't ride it, he's too short. He looks like a garden Gnome sitting o n it. It's a shame though, it is loaded, every option available.. The carbs have to be rebuilt from sitting so long. He got it 5 years ago for $2200 bucks. The guy lived 20 minute from him. He saw the add and went with cash in hand. Smart move, the bike is worth exponentially more than that. He can't ride it though.

Comment

Working...
        X