Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    I'm just reading this on katriders.com:
    If it has to do with tires &amp; wheels, then you're in the right place. <br> Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim? <br> Chains &amp; Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Originally Posted by buffalobill
    Thanks!
    Please, tell me why use “Slickstones”, like how come that remark?
    Bill

Kreylyn
    Kat Master
    Premium Member
    Hard tires that don't grip. Battleaxes suck pretty badly.

Watched a guy try to do a wheel for 30 mins after doing burnouts and everything he could to warm the tires up... never could get the front up because the wheel kept spinning instead of gripping. Stupid slick...

Road Attacks, Pilot powers, or Pilot CT2s would be good choices. They will work fine with 120/70 and 150/70 on the Pre Kat wheels.

BT45's or some other number??

I now have over 1,000 miles including a run to the Tail of the Dragon last weekend. DEFFINITELY not stupid slick?? I can still power wheel 1-2 and 2-3 shifts and never could on the old ME88. They may not be race tires but performed well for me at the Dragon last weekend. Have not felt the rear try to slide out at all and I scraped my boot a few times.

I did try to show my arse at work and try to do a burn out... it just kept jumping up so I quit. Afraid of breaking something.

Ken

PS. They are a dual compound tread. harder in the center and softer on the edges. I like that alot since I drive it daily. You could tell the difference in the rubber after the runs through the Dragon when they were warm.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Tyres

sorry to invade your thread ,but anyone tried these tyres on a Gs1000s
      going to need a rear tyre in next week and thinking about changing from metzelers
      for a change.

Comment

We race a GS1000 on BT39 front and BT45 rear - both 18's

Very satisfied - beating bikes on slicks.

Comment

BT45's - Good Tires

I've got BT45V's at both ends on a '79 Kaw KZ1000ST with a heavily-modded motor and suspension work. Bike is about 550#, I'm 240# fully geared up.

Great tires. Nice, nimble but neutral feel and ride.
          They take all that big ol' tractor can dish out.
          Sticky, too. I run out of cornering clearance long before the limits of available grip...

I got caught out in the rain a while back, wet grip was very confidence-inspiring and predictable.

Two thumbs up.

Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2010, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X