• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying tires online

so has anyone bought tires online here and have good things to say
    I am limited in my local dealerships cos i have weird old odd size tires

as in my rear is what goes on seemingly many new bikes

I need to get some things and I hate dealerships with such a passion its unreal

I needs a chain
    I needs a 130-90 16 tire preferwbly to match my natty front battlax bt45f

Sorry, I should know this by now, but - where are you? USA?

BT45 for the rear?

Got my spitfire from them in about 2 days. It was just 3-4 months old based on the DOT stamp. Best price around, free shipping too.

My only complaint - not really a problem as it turned out - was that the tire arrived just as it was in a plastic bag. There wasn't any apparent shipping damage. My friend ordered a sport demon from them and same story. Guess that's just how they do it.

Comment

Oh, for the chain (and sprockets) are you wanting to get a sealed ring or HD chain? For sealed ring I'd pick up an X-ring chain from Z1 Enterprises. Their service is just so good, and their X-ring chain costs what most charge for O-ring. Bike Bandit seemed to have good prices on HD chains if you're keeping costs down.

Comment

Z1 has good prices on RK chains.

Dunlop GT501 for the rear, very solid performing tire...
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

oh I am in Canada
          alas

Comment

Z1 was great and cheaper than everyone else for my 530 conversion. Really painless.

Motorcycle Superstore was cheaper AND free shipping! i ordered the Battlax on Monday and it was here early today (thursday)!

Comment

Calvin, try www.petes-superbike.com in Montreal.
              You have to register to see prices but it only takes a minute.
              They were almost half the price of my local dealer.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

These guys are in your direction, out of Halifax.
                Never used them but probably worth a call.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
                  Sorry, I should know this by now, but - where are you? USA?

My only complaint - not really a problem as it turned out - was that the tire arrived just as it was in a plastic bag. There wasn't any apparent shipping damage. My friend ordered a sport demon from them and same story. Guess that's just how they do it.
                  UPS has a surcharge (fee) for un-wrapped, or un-packaged tires...the rubber tends to make black marks on the inside of their trucks...makes for extra cleaning...a plastic bag qualifies as a package, and is lighter than a cardboard box...

Comment

Originally posted by COGS View Post
                    UPS has a surcharge (fee) for un-wrapped, or un-packaged tires...the rubber tends to make black marks on the inside of their trucks...makes for extra cleaning...a plastic bag qualifies as a package, and is lighter than a cardboard box...
                    I got mine from Dennis Kirk. They came next day in a cardboard box. They have a dist location in MN just up the road from me. I guess their stuff is from Parts Unlimited.
                    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
                      This is common.

But what's the problem? Something designed to take being levered onto a rim and several thousand miles of concrete isn't going to be that easily damaged.

I prefer the plastic bag instead of a huge cardboard box -- easier to dispose of and easier to strap to the back of the bike for the trip home.

Following are some places I've recently ordered tires and can recommend, at least for those in the US of A.

http://jakewilson.com (New, but highly rated and cheap. Poke around for coupon codes.)

http://motorcyclesuperstore.com (Located in Oregon, great prices, great service.)

America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.

http://denniskirk.com (Standard delivery is two days to me in Indy. Decent prices, and their web site lists inventory -- great if you're in a hurry.)

http://tiresunlimited.com (Great when you need an oddball tire for some old oddball bike. Located in Ohio, so fast delivery for those of us nearby.)
                      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                        This is common.

But what's the problem? Something designed to take being levered onto a rim and several thousand miles of concrete isn't going to be that easily damaged.

I prefer the plastic bag instead of a huge cardboard box -- easier to dispose of and easier to strap to the back of the bike for the trip home.

Following are some places I've recently ordered tires and can recommend, at least for those in the US of A.

http://jakewilson.com (New, but highly rated and cheap. Poke around for coupon codes.)

http://motorcyclesuperstore.com (Located in Oregon, great prices, great service.)

America's trusted online source to shop the best discounted Motorcycle, UTV, ATV, Side by Side, and 4 Wheeler aftermarket tires, gear, parts and accessories.

http://denniskirk.com (Standard delivery is two days to me in Indy. Decent prices, and their web site lists inventory -- great if you're in a hurry.)

http://tiresunlimited.com (Great when you need an oddball tire for some old oddball bike. Located in Ohio, so fast delivery for those of us nearby.)

thank you so much

I found an almost local site with crazy cheap prices

How can we affrod sucj low prices asks dave letterman

Volume Volume Volume

prices cheaper than USA prices
                        China Inc at its best I think

Comment

buying tyres........

hi guys,, a short time ago i looked at pablos in outer melbourne australia as i,m in a hick country townwhere they think i,ve got a death wish,,, anyway pablos could not be bothered even giving me a competive $$$$$ let alone a delivery.. i went to a famous bike shop in box hill and got a good price delivered by tnt ..and now i,ve got a nice set of battleaxe front and rear good luk getting good service regards david

Comment

I got my first two sets of tires from Trax MS ( http://traxms.com/MOTORCYCLE_TIRES.html ) and they had the lowest prices on the tires I was looking at then and shipping was super fast. My latest set are Avon Road Riders and no one could touch Dennis Kirk's price when I got them. I don't know much about Trax MS other than my two purchases but I'll shop them again next time I need tires.

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
                            X