Challenger Front Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenger Front Tire Question

I just purchased a Kenda Challenger front tire for my GS.

It had a new Challenger tire on the rear when I bought it....so I figured I should get a matching front tire.

Ive been reading some posts and kind of confused on what direction should the tread should go...??

Should it be the same as the rear or opposite??

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks

Does it have an arrow on it someplace that shows the direction of rotation? I thought that was standard on all MC tires.

/\/\ac

Comment

It does have arrows. But I was reading on some tires you want the arrows to face to opposite direction for the front tire..??

Comment

The arrows should point in the direction of rotation for both front and rear tires.

Comment

If the tire is marked as a FRONT tire, and you are using in on the FRONT wheel, the arrow will go in the correct direction.

If you are using a REAR tire on the FRONT of your bike, the rotation arrow will point in the opposite direction.

If you have a tire that is designed for EITHER front or rear, it will have arrows showing which way to mount it for either wheel.

Don't go by the direction of the grooves in the tread, go by the arrows on the sidewalls.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks! Ill make sure I get it installed the right way...

Comment

Working...
            X