rear shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear shock

Just wondering if any body knows where and how to fill my rear shock on a 1985 gs700e?

Not going to happen. There are no fittings on the shock to change oil or fill with nitrogen.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      Not going to happen. There are no fittings on the shock to change oil or fill with nitrogen.

I was waiting for that; Look up SaltyMonk I think he got a Ducatti shock to fit (83 GS750) using his OE spring

Comment

I believe Hagon makes a replacement, but they are not cheap.

Comment

are they rebuildable?

Comment

Originally posted by robbieizle View Post
            are they rebuildable?
            At one time someone was going to take an 1150 shock to Lindemann Engineering to see if they could tap the shock for fittings to change oil and recharge nitrogen. They lived in the same town as Lindemann so it was going to be easy for them to drop the shock off to have a look see. The guy never posted back with the verdict though. They would be the only people I know of that would perhaps give it a shot. The problem I see is there is limited room in the area of the shock where the fittings would go. Give Lindemann a call and see if they are willing to take a look at one of these shocks. I have my stocker that could be sent to them or you could send them yours. If they say yes you could have them rebuild mine and you keep it since they'll have it already. If they'll work on it I'm sure they can make it work better than it ever did even new. If not, they can toss it in the dumpster.

Comment

Working...
            X