GSXR Fork Conversion ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR Fork Conversion ??

Forks from a 600 vs a 1000. What is the difference besides maybe spring rate? I have found a complete 06 GSXR 600 front end. Also found the conversion bearing for the tripple tree as well.

What is the difference? Same width? What wheel sizes for the 600 and 1000 were stock?

Ken

Originally posted by Darkstang View Post
    Forks from a 600 vs a 1000. What is the difference besides maybe spring rate? I have found a complete 06 GSXR 600 front end. Also found the conversion bearing for the tripple tree as well.

What is the difference? Same width? What wheel sizes for the 600 and 1000 were stock?

Ken
    Wheel sizes should be the same, 3.5" X 17". The 1000 forks may be a bit longer, not sure about the latest models though.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstang View Post

Ken
      go to the racetech website and they have a spring rate calculator that also lists stock rates.

80GS1000 did a GS1000 Yoshi tribute that used latemodel forks (maybe 1K 04-06). Not sure if it was just bearings or also required a stem change. Look his link up.
      He found he also needed to go monoshock as well as the newer forks are shorted than the old skinny poggos

Mindless also did a recent conversion but he had a custom triple clamp made $$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Posplayr, That thread is where I got teh idea! Finding the 93-95 stuff is getting real hard. Lot's of 02-08 stuff coming available. He used the 1K stuff from an 04 if I remember the thread right. I will look at Racetech's sight. Going by the local bike shop this evening to take a look at some of the used stuff and measure...

Ken

Comment

I went by the local shop today and compared the 650, 750, and 1000. Same tire and wheel size. Forks look the same except the brakes on the 1000 are much larger in diameter. Going to dig a little deeper into the parts diagrams this weekend when I get more time.
          Ken

Comment

Working...
          X