Braided hose kits....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided hose kits....

Ive been looking at Goodridge braided hose kits on ebay for the 750 as I want to replace mine.

Who has used them, and do they make much of an improvement?

Are there any other good brands out there worth using? Goodridge kits are pricey enough, though I know its money well spent.

The ones on ebay give the make & model for each kit, so I guess its safe on lengths/size etc......Or are they!
    I want to buy a full complete kit thats easy to fit.

Thanks

Seanie, I just asked this question last week and Nessism has a great post in the popular technical area. I'm going to order from these folks as soon as I can afford it (it's not bad but I have other commitments right now). Let me go see if I can find the link, be right back.

Here it is:

Last edited by cowboyup3371; 08-02-2010, 08:46 AM. Reason: Added link
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks, good bit of reading to get through on that thread, but going to be a great help!

Comment

TBH not sure the brand of the kit... but goodridge rings a bell. I got them from Z1 and they where really easy to put together and install. Took a bit of measuring the old lines, and roughly measuring the angle and type of bend for the end pieces and then counting up how many crush washers I needed.

Anyways I would highly recommend using Z1 for them.

Comment

I got mine from here:

The highest quality of domestically manufactured Suzuki GS1100E, GS1100EZ, GS1100X, GS550E, GS850GZ, GS750L, Suzuki Esteem motorcycle Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines at competitive prices. These brake lines are compatible with all brake line fluids and are the finest kits on the market today.

What I like about these is that they have a PVC covering and are not bare braided.

Comment

Try these folks and lemme know. Been thinking about it myself. I need comeplete lines for two bikes.

sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
            .................________-|___\____
            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Hi,

I use the Goodridge lines on my bike and they work just fine. I probably could have saved some money if I'd followed Mr. Nessism's advice. Here it is:

Homemade Stainless Brake Lines with Video

(Oops, I see I have to fix the links on that page. Sorry.)
              EDIT: OK, links fixed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
              Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks Cliff..
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Hi,

And just to round out the discussion:

Brake Lines - Stainless steel lines, stock kits, custom kits
                  http://www.spieglerusa.com/
                  http://www.h-e-lusa.com/
                  You are at the best online source for buying Motorcycle Part and Accessory - Motorcycle Racing Brakes, Brakes Motorcycle Performance, Motorcycle Disc Brakes, Brembo Motorcycle Brakes, EBC Motorcycle Brakes, Honda Motorcycle Part, Suzuki Motorcycle Part, Performance Brake Rotors, Yamaha Motorcycle Part, BMW Motorcycle Part, Kawasaki Motorcycle Part, Aftermarket Motorcycle Part, Custom Motorcycle Part, Ceramic Brake Pad, EBC Brake Pad, EBC, EBC Brakes. You can buy Motorcycle Brakes, Brake Rotor, Brake Pad, Brake Line, ATV Brake, Brake Disc, Wave Rotor, Braking Systems, Galfer Brakes, Sport-bike Brakes, Steel braided Brake Lines, Custom Brake Lines, Dirt-bike Brake Lines, Harley-Davidson Brakes, MX Brakes, Brake Fluid, Racing Brakes, Performance Brakes at affordable prices.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                  X