Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork seal

Sorry if double post somewhere's !!

My left fork seal is ****ing and it's because I have a few burs that trashed it. Don't have the foggiest idea where the burs came from. Anyways I am looking to replace. Any thoughts?

What year 850?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

1982 sorry.

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      What year 850?

Comment

Hi,

There are a couple of options for you. Finding a good used set on ebay is one. Getting a new set of tubes from Forking By Frank is another. There is also a repair option. SEE THIS THREAD in the forum.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Ok, I have a question too, I am getting ready to replace the seals on my 78 GS750 and was wondering if there is a guide, preferably with pics, to this endeavor. I haven't cracked those babies open yet and would love to see what i'm getting into ahead of time. (yes i searched but there are about a biilion and a half threads with the words "fork seal" in them.

Thanks again! you guys ROCK!

Comment

Previous post by basscliff. Go to his site. all you need is there!

Comment

Originally posted by duper850 View Post
              Previous post by basscliff. Go to his site. all you need is there!
              Beautiful, that's just what I was looking for, I KNEW I had seen it before.

Comment

Working...
              X