Dyna Beads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna Beads?

Has anyone used Dyna Beads? And if so do they work?
    Thanks

Will

Originally posted by Willmrx View Post
    Has anyone used Dyna Beads? And if so do they work?
    Thanks

Will
    what are dyna beads?
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I used to use them in my jeep with beadflocked 36" tires and they worked OK, but not great. I've never heard a motorcyclist say anything good about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
        I used to use them in my jeep with beadflocked 36" tires and they worked OK, but not great. I've never heard a motorcyclist say anything good about them.
        There are many reviews on line claiming they work including motorcyclists

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          There are many reviews on line claiming they work including motorcyclists

Haven't seen those yet, but really haven't looked into it either. I don't understand why anyone would balance wheels this way on a bike. The only reason I did it on my jeep was because of the weight of the wheel/tire combo, and the rims had no outside lip. Made balancing with standard clip weights impossible. I used BB's the first time but they were noisy.

Comment

A few guys on some of the builders boards I go to have used them with positive results. Its also my understanding that theyve become a favorite with fleet services. Ideally, its a sound concept. Working off the same principal as the motorcycle wheels gyro action. Only down side Ive heard is at low speeds you can "feel" a "wobble" but Ive heard this at speeds less than 10 to 15 mph. Ive never tried them yet but have a bottle waiting for my next tyre change.

Comment

I use them on all my bikes, never a wobble on any of them.
              Don't pay Dyna the big bucks, PM me if you want some.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Have them in my front tire...work fine. At 10 mph they aren't doing anything....I doubt one would feel an imbalance vibration/wobble at that speed though.
                '82 GS1100E

Comment

Hello;

Have been using the plastic pellets used in airguns in the tires on my van. So far they seem to work as well as weights. No vibration, good tire wear. Used 4 oz in each tire, read that amount on some blog. don't know if more would be better or not

Comment

Airsoft Beads

I use airsoft BB's, 1.5 Oz in the front tire, and 3 Oz in the rear tire. Have had my bike up into the "naughty" zone of speed, and they are nice and smooth.

If you are going to use airsoft bb's, the best for this use are the ceramic ones since they are polished and have no molding seam on them. The heavier the better. The ones I am using are .22 grams each.

Stopping and starting, you may hear a "swoosh" sound from the tires, it's just the beads settling, nothing to worry about.

They get the Mac Thumbs Up! Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                    X