Extra rider setup vs Single Rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra rider setup vs Single Rider

I do most of my daily riding solo. I drive to work in the bike as often as I can just to save gas. Now and then, almost weekly the girlfriend wants to go for a short ride. I got the tires inflated for 2 riders and set the shock 2 adjustments stiffer (i had it as soft as it was allowed) but I dont want to be deflating my tires and changing my shocks settings everyweek. What do you guys do?
    Thanks!

know the feeling

Have had this problem my self ,the easiest way got round the problem was to fit
    a set of Ikon shocks i got a happy medium,but that a £280 option.
    but well worth the money.

Comment

On my Wing, the additional weight of a second rider is not as great a percentage as it is for the GSs. I don't change tire pressure, but I do adjust the air shocks.

On the GS, I tend to run higher than average tire pressures anyway, so no adjustment is necessary there, but I do adjust the shocks as necessary.

Unlike what others have suggested, don't worry about her seeing you change the shocks. Tell her that it's for her comfort.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        On my Wing, the additional weight of a second rider is not as great a percentage as it is for the GSs. I don't change tire pressure, but I do adjust the air shocks.

On the GS, I tend to run higher than average tire pressures anyway, so no adjustment is necessary there, but I do adjust the shocks as necessary.

Unlike what others have suggested, don't worry about her seeing you change the shocks. Tell her that it's for her comfort.

I think he's just worried about the hassel of having to change everything 2 times a week. once before she rides and once after. I get that. I had everything set up for 2up riding all the time because my ex rode with me all the time. Now I'm finally fine tuning things back for solo riding. It's nice to have my headlight where I need it.

Comment

More bikes. One comfy big one set up for two, another for one person commuting.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            More bikes. One comfy big one set up for two, another for one person commuting.
            Although she had shown some interest she likes to ride with me. I have that 500 but im not much into it.

I guess I will leave the back tire inflated for 2. It is like 4 or 5 psi difference anyway. The shocks are not bothering me so far, we shall see. I was concern that I could hurt something, sounds like it wont.

Thanks!

Comment

I just keep the tires up and shocks on full... I never had the wrench for adjusting them so just kept them stiff. How different of a ride would it be solo with the shocks down a bit?

Comment

Working...
              X