progressive springs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

progressive springs help

i changed fork seals and with success i stopped the leak. for me the broom handle did the trick in getting the allen bolt out. thanks for the tips and tricks knowledge. however the front forks will not hold air, so i am not messing with that anymore!! progressive springs for me!! can someone tell me where to buy them at a good price, and tell me exactly which ones to buy, maybe a name and number? also do i need to get new springs for the rear to at he same time? i just want a nice cushion ride. 83 gs850g thanks

I bought mine from DennisKirk but not sure if they are the cheapest, but they've got to be darn close. You'll have to check around online for who has the cheapest shipping. Here's a couple of links for ya. I'm curious what seals you put in, I put OEM and they leaked, just waiting for my Pro-molys (I hate doing things twice).

Last edited by azr; 08-23-2010, 11:21 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I put in cheapo K&L's and they dont leak and they hold air I run about 11 psi in them.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        Your link is for a GS650G, but his post says GS850G, which calls for the 11-1107s, not 11-1106s:

Of course, that assumes you can trust their DB!

I got my springs from phatperformanceparts.com. I was buying a few other items anyway so I went over $99 and got free shipping.

Comment

Opps, my bad. That's why it's always best to do you own leg work! cause you never know what fool on two wheels you're going to get!
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

i did put oem seals in the forks, they were like 8.00. i guess i got lucky!

Comment

thanks for all the information guys, i think i will buy them at dennis kirk.

Comment

I got mine from these guys, on the recommendation of aother member here.

They were really cheap, i think US$60. I will check how much.
                That was only a couple of months ago.

EDIT: Yep i just checked, US$58 for 1107 progressive springs.
                I hope they are still the same price, and that this helps.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

For future readers of this thread, you might want to replace the fork bushings if you're doing the seals. Progressive springs are the way to go. Think about it, your bike is over 25 years old.....
                  Kevin
                  E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                  "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                  Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
                  X