Fork problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork problem

I have recently rebuilt my forks off a gs1000 and a pal of mine came to see how i was getting on whilst he was inspecting my forks he noticed a depression in one of the stansions i think where the yolks bolt too and he said this was bad news he said if you hit a pothole it could snap the fork. I trust him but would like any advice please.

Not sure what you are seeing...any chance you could post a couple of pictures??
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Pictures would help if you can post some.

Comment

If it's dented at all, it's structurally compromised. Replace it. Was the bike in an accident? If it is a cut or a gouge, it may not be as serious. Please post a picture.

This is most definitely a safety critical component. Don't take any chances, please.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

any kind of dent/bend in a fork tube=scrap metal. trust me, risking it isnt a good plan with those kinds of things.

Comment

Thanks i will get a picture as soon as i can but i do agree scrap tubes shes my pride and joy undergoing a full restoration and i wouldnt want to compromise on anything!

Comment

an egg can be very strong as well until you "dent" the shell

Comment

Working...
              X