No announcement yet.

What wheels & frontend are on my 83 Kat11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wheel & the top tree look identical to mine but my wheel is 3 inch X 17. My front disc has the same 4/3 hole spacing but in the other direction if that makes any sense. My upper fork tubes measures 41 mm & my fender looks the same too. I dont know if the fork tubes are original or not
    Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2010, 09:49 PM. Reason: additional info added

Comment

This is my triple tree & a better shot of the wheel
      Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM. Reason: 2nd pic

Comment

Looks like the same front-end to me. Right down to the calipers et al.
        Those brakes are the same as series one GSXR.

If the front wheel is not off the same bike then could be GS 500 made to fit....

Rear has to be Gsxr, can't think of another bike that had that width.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I believe the front wheel is an 89-97 Katana 600/750 17 x 3 curved spoke with the RF 900 front end and the rear is an 89 GSXR 750/1100 curved spoke 17 x 4.5. Thanks to everyone for your help. If you disagree please let me know

Comment

Your entire front assembly is from a gsx600f (Katana here in the u.s.) This what an rf900 fork looks like.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Rf top view.
              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                Rf top view.
                cockpit looks very clean

Comment

You are definetly correct, thanks for letting me know. I feel like a dog thats been chasing his tail. Thats what happens when you buy someone elses project, but I wanted a Katana and I finally got one. What is that top tree then, the first picture is the tree is the same as mine , is that a stocker & the second picture the RF900, thats whats getting me confused here ? Am I looking at 2 different bikes or 2 different top trees ?
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2010, 07:09 PM. Reason: rewording

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
                    The wheel & the top tree look identical to mine but my wheel is 3 inch X 17. My front disc has the same 4/3 hole spacing but in the other direction if that makes any sense. My upper fork tubes measures 41 mm & my fender looks the same too. I dont know if the fork tubes are original or not
                    Which one of you has the left disc on the right side, and the right disc on the left side?

Comment

Working...
                    X