Updgardinr 1100ES Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
    How would you ever install a 2 piece?!!! A THREE piece maybe! If you saw it you wouldn't even ask!!! It's THAT nice & a PERFECT fit! Ray.
    Front half and back half.

There would be zero adjustability that way.

Nice work -

I am curious how it will change the handling.

Comment

Playa,

Who ever you are, your the man! That is great work!

Peace!,
      Supavert

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        How would you ever install a 2 piece?!!! A THREE piece maybe! If you saw it you wouldn't even ask!!! It's THAT nice & a PERFECT fit! Ray.
        Two piece. Made of one single billet split longitudinally. It allows for a much thinner, slimmer design with the same or better stiffness.
        The problem with it is they're built to spec for a set of forks. Even if you had two sets of the same forks there's enough manufacturing slop in them you couldn't use it on another set other than the pair they were built for without the possibility of bind.

Probably overkill for a street bike, but if one had the means, and the bike was being built for a track mount, and you were cutting weight where-ever you could, it would be worth it.

I'm certainly not saying that his current brace is inadequate, ugly or any of the like. Its beautiful. Just wondered was all.

Comment

No other reason other than I happened to be looking at the ATK I had at the time.
          And I need one for my 1100, which has a 750 forks & wheel.
          The Three Horsemen
          '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
          '83 GS1100ES
          ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
          Porkchop Express

Comment

Working...
          X