shock manufacturer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shock manufacturer

bought a shock off ebay. reportedly it is a shock off a 1993 GSXR600. Can someone ID the manufacturer? see pic below:

12.50" eye to clevis. gonna change the clevis for an eye, put it on my GS1150.
    1981 GS750L (sold)
    1981 GS750L (current)
    1978 Yamaha RD400 (RD = Race Development)
    1981 Honda CT70 (86+ MPG at WOT most of the time)
    1983 GS1100GL (needs work: update, gone to a new home)
    1956 Simplex (with a TS250 motor)
    1985 GS1150E (Hammer Time!!)
    1998 1200 Bandit (Rattler)
    1980 GS1100L (Janice)
    Do I continue?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col Jeff Cooper
    e tan, e epi tan

Originally posted by Tazman001 View Post
    bought a shock off ebay. reportedly it is a shock off a 1993 GSXR600. Can someone ID the manufacturer? see pic below:

12.50" eye to clevis. gonna change the clevis for an eye, put it on my GS1150.
    Fox Double Clicker; would probably fit on a 2nd Gen GSXR 750/1100 but would need to check those required lengths

Comment

It may even have ride height adjustment. Looks a little like it on the clevis end.

Comment

adjustments

so can anyone tell me where to find a guide on what the adjustments are and what they effect? like the shrader valve in the end of the reservoir, threaded castle nut on the outside of the shock, dial on the end of the reservoir, the clevis is adjustable, I'll replace that with an eye to make the shock a total of 13" like the original on my GS1150, any others i've missed? I'll also need to replace the line that connects the shock and reservoir. thanks for any help/links guys.
        1981 GS750L (sold)
        1981 GS750L (current)
        1980 GS1100L (Janice)
        Do I continue?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col Jeff Cooper
        e tan, e epi tan

Comment

..., I'll replace that with an eye to make the shock a total of 13" like the original on my GS1150,
          Just keep in mind that, unless the spring rate matches exactly, you may need to change the length of the shock to change the preload and get your ride height where you want it.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

so can anyone tell me where to find a guide on what the adjustments are and what they effect? like the shrader valve in the end of the reservoir, threaded castle nut on the outside of the shock, dial on the end of the reservoir, the clevis is adjustable, I'll replace that with an eye to make the shock a total of 13" like the original on my GS1150, any others i've missed? I'll also need to replace the line that connects the shock and reservoir. thanks for any help/links guys.
            I'm at a loss for more info

Comment

found some info

on the shock and bike it came off of. The 1993 GSXR600 specs here: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78521 on the GSXR forum. All kinds of info on google about same bike. The shock nomenclature is, after 4 hours of searching on the web is Fox TWIN clicker(Fox TC). The fox website has info on it about setup and etc. Link to Fox manufacturer website is: http://service.foxracingshox.com/powersports/index.htm for morotcycle shock support. They mispell it shox, making it hard to find. Hope this info thelps the next guy who buys a used Fox shock. Next comes sending them an email tofind out where to buy a rebuild kit and eye type rod end to replace the clevis.
              1981 GS750L (sold)
              1981 GS750L (current)
              1980 GS1100L (Janice)
              Do I continue?

e tan, e epi tan

Comment

on the shock and bike it came off of. The 1993 GSXR600 specs here: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78521 on the GSXR forum. All kinds of info on google about same bike. The shock nomenclature is, after 4 hours of searching on the web is Fox TWIN clicker(Fox TC). The fox website has info on it about setup and etc. Link to Fox manufacturer website is: http://service.foxracingshox.com/powersports/index.htm for morotcycle shock support. They mispell it shox, making it hard to find. Hope this info thelps the next guy who buys a used Fox shock. Next comes sending them an email tofind out where to buy a rebuild kit and eye type rod end to replace the clevis.
                U call the service department and order them for about $25; there are also rebuild instruction over at gixxer.com for the double clicker.

Comment

More Fox Shox info

The fox TC has an Eibach spring on it according to this article on the cycleforums dot com website(just search "recoated Eibachs"). I took the spring off my shock and measured it. the dimensions are 7" tall, by 2.25" inner diameter. Have to determine the spring rate yet. This website sells Eibach springs from 150 to 1100 lb/in in the 7X2.25" size. Found some info out there about spring rates, the lb/in is how much force it takes to compress the spring one inch. Working on trying to find a calculator to determine what lb/in for my bike. I'm gonna keep plugin' at it, hope this helps someone.
                  1981 GS750L (sold)
                  1981 GS750L (current)
                  1980 GS1100L (Janice)
                  Do I continue?

e tan, e epi tan

Comment

Working...
                  X