rear mono shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear mono shock

anyone do this mod to their gs1100's? looking to modify mine and put along the line of a 200 rear on it

I haven't done a GS yet, but I did a KZ1000 with a mono-shock. I hope that you are prepared to fabricate a lot of stuff. The top of the shock will wind up in the same place that your battery wants to be. I also had to deal with some chain spacing issues and I'm running a 180 tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Testarossa View Post
      I haven't done a GS yet, but I did a KZ1000 with a mono-shock. I hope that you are prepared to fabricate a lot of stuff. The top of the shock will wind up in the same place that your battery wants to be. I also had to deal with some chain spacing issues and I'm running a 180 tire.

i see plans for this changed this morning as i found another bike to cut up. whats the widest rear you can run on these old gs11's?

Comment

The widest I have heard of is a 180 on a 5.5 17", but I am no expert on this matter.

Comment

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

this seems wider than most

Comment

Working...
          X