refinishing rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

refinishing rotors

so my brakes are all kinds of noisy and sweaky,i dont expect much less from a bike last inspected and registered in '93 . so the rotors have a ton of glaze and some grooves and a slight lip, since bike rotors dont get lathed the way cars do....

can i use sand paper to try and deglaze the rotors and take some grooves out? any recommendations besides buying new ones ?

Originally posted by gothera View Post
    so my brakes are all kinds of noisy and sweaky,i dont expect much less from a bike last inspected and registered in '93 . so the rotors have a ton of glaze and some grooves and a slight lip, since bike rotors dont get lathed the way cars do....

can i use sand paper to try and deglaze the rotors and take some grooves out? any recommendations besides buying new ones ?
    use an orbital sander with abut 200 grit pad; keep them clean

Comment

Hi,

Also use a little brake caliper grease between the shim pad and the back of the brake pad.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Have you got a benchtop drill press? Here is how I do them, 80g sanding disk from my die grinder chucked up and a piece of plywood to protect it underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by gothera View Post

Slap them up in a car disk lathe. That's what I did when I toasted the rear rotor on my Kaw.

Comment

Working...
          X