Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear master cylinder rebuild... halp!

dumb question...

my rear master cylinder was seized so i had to drill out the aluminium sliding plug and i used an air compressor to remove the seal and spring... thereby shooting them across the room. now trying to re install, and all the paperwork and pictures i can find arent detailed enough to show me the orientation of the springs and seals and the order in which they are installed above the aluminum plug.

anybody remember and want to shed some light.

thanks a ton

Hi,

Does this help?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Skylar,

And while I'm at it, let me dump a TON of information on you (click the links below) and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Rebuild Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these issues must be addressed in order to have a safe and reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Skylar View Post
        dumb question...

my rear master cylinder was seized so i had to drill out the aluminium sliding plug and i used an air compressor to remove the seal and spring... thereby shooting them across the room. now trying to re install, and all the paperwork and pictures i can find arent detailed enough to show me the orientation of the springs and seals and the order in which they are installed above the aluminum plug.

anybody remember and want to shed some light.

thanks a ton
        Next time try putting a grease nipple in and pumping the piston out with grease. Clean up isn't as bad as launching springs around the shop. Unnecessary drilling makes me nervous, so I avoid it. Hopefully it all goes back together well.

Comment

I had the same issue so how about checking out this thread...it might help you some...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=166117
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

thanks a bunch for the quick reply and warm welcome.

problem solved!

you people rock!

just shot a quick snap to triple check->
            Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X