GS750B (1977) spoke wheel conversion > GS750E (1978?) mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750B (1977) spoke wheel conversion > GS750E (1978?) mags

G'day all. I recently acquired a donor bike for some parts for my GS750B (1977).

The donor bike is the GS750E but I am not sure of the year model as the compliance plate was damaged.

The donor GS750E has the 19" front and 17" rear, and my 750B currently has the spoked wheels with 19" front and 18" rear.

Ok, I got an almost complete bike, but the tyres are rotten so I need to find out what the original 750E tyre sizes are please.
    The 750E tyres show 4.50H17 rear and 90/90/19 front but I dont know if this is correct as the rear looks like it is too wide, and the front looks too narrow.
    Regards,
    Andy
    Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)
    Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

I have googled this and found 6 different sizes which are from sites "supposedly in the know"
    Regards,
    Andy
    Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)
    Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

Comment

1983 gs750ed

The first model 750 that had the 17" rear wheel and tire was the 1983 model. Either it is this model or some previous owner has swapped the 17" wheel on to an earlier model. You need to determine which model this 750 is. For instance does it have CV carbs, Does it have the round caps on the end of the valve cover. Or a picture of the bike and motor would help us a great deal in identifying the bike.

The tire size would be as follows:120/90-17 64H

The wheel size would be as follows: 17XMT2.5

Hope this helps

Comment

The frame has rusted and I have already stripped the front end from it but I can get pics of the donk. I just went and dropped the exhaust and it is the 8 valve motor.
        It says GS750E-7070** as the frame number and GS750-967** on the engine number.

It definitely has the 37mm forks too as I just re-measured them too

Ok, just checked the wheels, the rear says ENKEI 17xMT 2.50 and has a small number next to it with a space after the first digit (3 79)

The front says Enkei 1.85x19 and the small number is the same with teh space (6 81)

Could this be the year they were made???

I think from my aging memory that the Enkei's were the Suzuki factory mag.
        Regards,
        Andy
        Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)

Comment

Now thinking that they may have come from a GS650G as they had the same mags and the 17" rear......
          Regards,
          Andy
          Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)

Comment

This is not my picture but it is the same wheel:
            Regards,
            Andy
            Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)

Comment

Its GS750LN - 1979 YaaY I discovered this morning!
              Regards,
              Andy
              Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)

Comment

Working...
              X