Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting GSXR Rear wheel?

What's up gang?

I have a gs1100e. I'm putting on an extended swingarm that's about 4 inches longer. I'm having a problem getting the rear wheel straight. My question is, should the clearance between the wheel and shocks be even on both sides? What size spacers would i need and where can I buy spacers for the clearance? Please forgive me, I'm trying to ask questions as best as I can.

By the way how can I post pics because I think that would help?

Thanks,
    Supavert

You need the rear wheel straight inline with the front. You need to measure for spacers once you get the rear wheel straight with the front and maybe have the made. Here is a thread all about wheel alignment.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Here is a very in depth thread about doing a wheel conversion.

You will also need a offset sprocket.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

You can also read these pages. As I went through it recently. I went off the front wheel to make the rear spacers and it worked out. But the 'right' way is to center the rear wheel in the frame.

The thread is about the B12 swing arm but can be applied to centering the rear rim to the frame with any swing arm. And I used a laser to figure the wheel spacer and to check the rear rim center afterwards.

Comment

Hi,

There's a guide on my website that explains all about how to post pictures here. Please help yourself to all of the other information there too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hello BassCliff,

Thanks for your help also.

Peace!

Comment

Working...
          X