Bridgestone BT45 Battlax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridgestone BT45 Battlax

Got these mounted up on my 1980 GS1000G today. First impressions, these are a great tire. Nice tread, handle nicely. Seem to have some pretty good grip to them. They are my first set of new motorcycle tires so I really have nothing to compare them too.

I have them on three of my bikes.
    They are very good tires for the GS's.
    I actually hit hard parts before they ever thought of getting loose.

Daniel

Comment

I bought the same tire for my bike. This tire was also my first motorcycle tire i bought. It was the only tire they had in my size in the catalog for the rear 120-90-17. The guy at the shop kept asking me if i was sure it was a back tire?, he actually had to come out and look at my tire size cause he didn't believe me. They do handle pretty well and i haven't had any problems with them. There pretty good in the rain too.

Comment

I have them on 1000g as well. havent done much, but so far so good.

Comment

I ran a set before I went 08 GSXR wheels and Dunlop Q2's. They were a very good tire for the old setup. Would run another set if I had something that required bias ply due to size etc. They handled very good and had great grip.

Now the Q2's?? Unbelievable tire...Incredible grip and hold your lines so easy...

Comment

I have them on my 80 1000G and am real happy with them , I have had them on the bike for 2 seasons now and will get this season maybe out of them , around 9000 miles. never made me wonder if they were going to stay where I wanted them
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Put 'em on my 850G towards the end of last season after destroying a set of Kenda K657 Challengers. My impressions were the Bridgestone's were amazingly better. At everything .

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                Put 'em on my 850G towards the end of last season after destroying a set of Kenda K657 Challengers. My impressions were the Bridgestone's were amazingly better. At everything .
                I put a set of Kenda Challengers on my 1100G. They were amazingly poor tires. My brother just changed them out to Shinkos. Kendas are a never again for me. Mile for mile, they are not even that cheap, because they don't last that long.

I bought and sold an 850G with BT45's and liked them. One of my 1000G's has them and I like them. I thought they would be a short life tire. I will be super happy if I get 9000 miles from the rear.
                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Kenda's sucking

Yes the kenda's were a crap tire. The rear was completely wrecked with only 3000 miles on it. I mean wrecked. The internal wire was showing. Piece of crap tire never again.

I like the battle ax's but I wish I had gotten the ones with the white lettering, they look cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                    Didn't take long to kill the Kendas did it, crack chasing POS tires. I have yet to see a set that worn all kinda crazy after 1000 miles , but then again you get what you pay for. I like my Bridgestones
                    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Slippery

Originally posted by Poncho68147 View Post
                      Got these mounted up on my 1980 GS1000G today. First impressions, these are a great tire. Nice tread, handle nicely. Seem to have some pretty good grip to them. They are my first set of new motorcycle tires so I really have nothing to compare them too.
                      If you just got them today, be careful for a couple of hundred miles. New tires are often very slippery at first. (I've seen a couple of really bad 'spills' on new tires.)
                      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
                        If you just got them today, be careful for a couple of hundred miles. New tires are often very slippery at first. (I've seen a couple of really bad 'spills' on new tires.)
                        Oh I know. I've been taking it really easy. Can't wait to really give 'em hell though.

Comment

Can't buy a better tire…

Originally posted by Poncho68147 View Post
                          Oh I know. I've been taking it really easy. Can't wait to really give 'em hell though.
                          Do some low speed circles in a parking lot and slowly work your way over to a good lean as you scuff the tire surface. But don't slip on the painted lines or dirt.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

youre gonna love those tires. I had them on my gs500 (gonna get a set for the 650g soon) and they gripped very well in the wet. suprised me even. ive had those tires to thier edges on the little 500 and they never hinted they were going to give up on me. But be careful. like the last couple o post said....slippery when new.

Comment

Working...
                            X