Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need to replace my 79 gs850 rear brake disc! any help fellow riders??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need to replace my 79 gs850 rear brake disc! any help fellow riders??

hello fellow gs riders! i have a 79 gs850 and im looking to replace the rear disc. I found a used rear disc brake online but it says its for the year 80-83? can this be used on a 79? can you guys tell what year or years would work on a 79? if i can get any other tips and/or info on this matter that would be greatly appreciated as well. thanks so much!

-Aris

Originally posted by ArisGS View Post
    hello fellow gs riders! i have a 79 gs850 and im looking to replace the rear disc. I found a used rear disc brake online but it says its for the year 80-83? can this be used on a 79? can you guys tell what year or years would work on a 79? if i can get any other tips and/or info on this matter that would be greatly appreciated as well. thanks so much!

-Aris
    parts fiche and www.alphasports.com lists the rear disc for your bike as being the same as for a 1980 I did nit look up other years http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm
    and you can do the lookups yourself.

I cannot find the name of the parts databse guy sorry.
    He is a member from UK or maybe AU.

Comment

Hi,

Another cross-post. See the responses in your other thread.

I did not find any cross-reference that listed the rear rotor on 1980 850G the same as the 1979 850G.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi,

Another cross-post. See the responses in your other thread.

I did not find any cross-reference that listed the rear rotor on 1980 850G the same as the 1979 850G.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

yeah sorry iI was relaying incorrect information ont eh alpha sports website

Comment

I have got the Zedder cross reference software but there is several rear disc's listed for the 1979 GS850GN sorry, without a suzuki genuine part number its near on impossible to cross reference.
          Regards,
          Andy
          Queensland Australia

GS750B (1977)
          Wiseco 850 kit, K&N pods, 4-1 transac, Custom 2 pak paint, IKON shocks, Custom L.E.D light boards (turn + stop/tail + dash)

Comment

Working...
          X