SV650 Master cylinder on 77 GS750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SV650 Master cylinder on 77 GS750?

Was just wondering if anyone had tried this swap and how it turned out? I have a friend with a savage and after seeing it had the single front disc, wondered if I could swap over brake master cylinder/levers and clutch lever/perch from one to my 77 gs750 with no issues?

Originally posted by Octane80 View Post
    Was just wondering if anyone had tried this swap and how it turned out? I have a friend with a savage and after seeing it had the single front disc, wondered if I could swap over brake master cylinder/levers and clutch lever/perch from one to my 77 gs750 with no issues?
    I have done it , and it works great, I have added twin full length {master to caliper ] stainless brake lines , rebuilt the calipers and now have 3 finger braking excellent way for improvement . Did this on my 1000G
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Octane80 View Post
      To a single disk?No the master on the SV is for a 2 disk bike.Single disk masters are smaller bores.

Comment

I'm not sure what you're saying SVsooke, the savage my buddy owns is only single disk up front as is my gs750 since it's a 77. Are you saying that even though the savage is a single disk that the master is designed for a dual set up?

Comment

OK a Savage and the SV650 in your banner are diffent animals.The SV looks like this

And the Savage

A Savage master should work just fine,the SV would be to big.

Comment

Cool, perhaps I meant LS650 though I could've sworn I heard the owner call it an sv650. Anywhoot thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Doesn't the Savage use larger-diameter handlebars than the GS?

Comment

Working...
              X