Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Norton Commando shocks (12.9") work for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Norton Commando shocks (12.9") work for us?

after what seems like a never ending world of motorcycle shocks, I came across Norton Commando 850 shocks, which are 12.9" eye to eye and are CONSIDERABLY cheaper than any gs850 shock... by basically half price..
    I'm still new to this so I was just wondering what you all thought, check it out.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...5236cf5015edcc

-Noah

Yes, 12.9" eye-to-eye would be fine (assuming they have 12mm or 1/2" mounting eyes).

However, these appear to be the same Chinese-made MDI/Emgo shocks sold for about the same money for GS use.

The word on these is that unless you're over 200 pounds or so, the MDI/Emgo shocks are much too harsh.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

The third one down is a progressive MK 2 12 series for $176, how does that price compare to our GS progressives?
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
        Yes, 12.9" eye-to-eye would be fine (assuming they have 12mm or 1/2" mounting eyes).

However, these appear to be the same Chinese-made MDI/Emgo shocks sold for about the same money for GS use.

The word on these is that unless you're over 200 pounds or so, the MDI/Emgo shocks are much too harsh.
        I've read a lot about the MDI/Emgo's but wouldn't know just by looking at them, definitely won't work for my 135/140lbs.

thought I found something..

Comment

Working...
        X