I need help sizing wheels and tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help sizing wheels and tires.

I'm new to the motorcycle scene, and to GS's altogether. I'm wanting to get some spoked wheels for my GS650, but I cannot find a place that sells any, and if I did, I have no idea what to look for when getting some. This bike is going to be bobbed and I'm really digging the tall and fat front and rear tire look. I've looked through stickies on here, and unless I'm missing it, I didn't see anything regarding this.

So, good place to buy decent inexpensive wheels? What do I need to know when looking into buying new wheels?

Thank you!

Originally posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    I'm new to the motorcycle scene, and to GS's altogether. I'm wanting to get some spoked wheels for my GS650, but I cannot find a place that sells any, and if I did, I have no idea what to look for when getting some. This bike is going to be bobbed and I'm really digging the tall and fat front and rear tire look. I've looked through stickies on here, and unless I'm missing it, I didn't see anything regarding this.

So, good place to buy decent inexpensive wheels? What do I need to know when looking into buying new wheels?

Thank you!
    There really is no simple solution. The trouble is the shaft drive. Front spokes can be adapted from many wheels, the rear is much more limited. Check out a late model intruder rear, closest to what you want. The GV madura also had flattened spokes but is probably harder to find.

Decent and inexpensive, I will take some of these if you find them.

Comment

Working...
    X