Swapping Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping Wheels

I'm about to buy a set of 1980 Suzuki GS250T spoke wheels. Anything you guys want to tell me before I buy it?

1980 Suzuki GS250T rim size.
    Front:18x1.60
    Rear:17x1.85

The dry weight of a 1980 Suzuki GS250T is 308 lbs. Where as my 1980 Suzuki GS450L has a dry weight of 362 lbs. Would the GS250 wheels be able to handle the extra 50 lbs?

Also the GS250 wheels are thinner than my GS450 wheels.

You're going to need awfully skinny tires for those rims sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      You're going to need awfully skinny tires for those rims sizes.
      I know... Something like a 90 or 100... Maybe this isn't worth it huh? I would really love some spoke wheels on my bike though.

EDIT: No, even skinnier!

Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

My question is why.Maybe I'm weird but I prefer alloys.Especially Suzuki star ones.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
          My question is why.Maybe I'm weird but I prefer alloys.Especially Suzuki star ones.
          Just thought it would look cooler. Black rim with stainless steel spokes and black hub. I guess I'll have to cancel this deal since they are so damn skinny!

Comment

Not with tires that skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
              Not with tires that skinny.
              Yup, way too skinny! It's not even on the charts LOL! I'll look else where.

But sometime in the future, I will get spoke wheels. I just gotta figure out what fits...

Comment

Your chart just shows tire dimensions not recommended rim width. This chart will help with tire sizing for those rim widths. http://www.weeksmotorcycle.com/tire-...ion-chart.html You could have wider rims laced up, probably cheaper to source some wider complete wheels though. You would need to run and 80 up front and a 90 out back. A 100 would be a tight fit on that rim.
                Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X