Non Suzuki swinging arm in GS1000SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Suzuki swinging arm in GS1000SN

I've got a small problem with my latest project bike. It needs new rubber bushes that fit into two small hoops on the rear swinging arm where the rear shocks fits into. Problem is its not got an original Suzuki swinging arm.

Any idea's as to what make of swinging arm it is?

I thought it was a Dresda swinging arm but having spoke to them they say 'NO!' The bushing is wrong from the units they produced for Suzuki's in the 1970's and 80's but right for a CB900 Honda!

Suzuki foot rest bushes are almost the right fit but I'd like to identify the unit so I can get the right bushes for it. Any body help identify it please?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM. Reason: Added a little more.

A few more photo's...

And another angle.....

Comment

and a last one.....

Even the bearings are different than the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki mad View Post
        I've got a small problem with my latest project bike. It needs new rubber bushes that fit into two small hoops on the rear swinging arm where the rear shocks fits into. Problem is its not got an original Suzuki swinging arm.

Any idea's as to what make of swinging arm it is?

I thought it was a Dresda swinging arm but having spoke to them they say 'NO!' The bushing is wrong from the units they produced for Suzuki's in the 1970's and 80's but right for a CB900 Honda!

Suzuki foot rest bushes are almost the right fit but I'd like to identify the unit so I can get the right bushes for it. Any body help identify it please?
        Just me but I would replace that thing with a stocker. There are planty of them for sale in the parts forum. Unless you have aftermarket (wider than stock) wheels the stocker should be fine. Heck even a swinger from an 1100E would fit and they are pretty common as well.

Comment

Not that many here in the UK nowadays due to the conditions.

Comment

Working...
          X