How do I choose shocks on Ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I choose shocks on Ebay?

When I'm looking on Ebay for parts, it's pretty easy to figure out if a light or a cable will be okay for my bike. However, I don't know how to determine if a set of shocks there would work for me beyond the size. If I currently have eye to eye shocks on my bike, does it matter if I go eye to clevis? How do I know if the shocks are still in good shape, especially if maybe they are from a private seller? Is there anything with the springs I should look at?

I am planning on buying new when I can but I also wanted to check out my options so I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

if you have eye to eye then stick to eye to eye, unless you have a welder.

Not sure how bad your existing shocks are but, unless you find some really nice ones any of the stock stuff is likely worn out from the same vintage.

I would use the Progressive catalog to look for cross references between your bike and others based on common part number. Then look for those years models. They may not all be Suzuki. A heavier bike will also probably have stiffer springs but for your bike that is probably a good thing. Generally OEM is sprung very lightly.
    Last edited by posplayr; 05-08-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Works Performance gives specs for every bike manufacturer and model too. You might even find some newer models with specs that work. It would be that for me or find some quality aftermarket shocks that can be rebuilt

Comment

Working...
      X