Front wheel alignment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front wheel alignment?

so i fount allot of info on the rear wheel alignment, but i cant find anything on the front wheel alignment/centering between forks. Anyone got instructions and/or suggestions?
    the reason for asking this, is because i notice that my front wheel is about 3-4mm off from the center. (i did just replace the front wheel bearings) and i would like to get it back in the center, any ideas?

p.s. who has the valve shim spreadsheet?

See Steve's (name and username) signature for the spreadsheet
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

thank you! :-)
      now anyone got some input on the front wheel?

Comment

Sounds like something is wrong with the spacers.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Not being a genieass the first thought that comes to mind is are the bearings fully seated? Am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in soon with other suggestions. Good luck. Ray.

Comment

spacer look like they are fine and original (but i could be wrong)
            bearing... well, i know the insert in between the two bearings is tight as could be and doesn't move at all, but i might take it to my friends shop and put it under a press to make sure

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Russian View Post
              spacer look like they are fine and original (but i could be wrong)
              bearing... well, i know the insert in between the two bearings is tight as could be and doesn't move at all, but i might take it to my friends shop and put it under a press to make sure
              How will a press true a bad bearing?
              If they are original they may well not be fine due to seal failure or plain old wear.

Comment

I don't think you want that bearing so tight. The spacer should be able to rotate easily.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                  How will a press true a bad bearing?
                  If they are original they may well not be fine due to seal failure or plain old wear.
                  read the original post, they were just replaced.
                  koolaid_kid:
                  that makes me wonder, wtf is going on then? why if the bearings are pressed in all the way the spacer in the middle is to tight? this is not making any sance to me at all

Comment

The wheel bearing spacer should be firm, not loose nor tight. Its job is to prevent the bearings being squashed when you tighten the wheel.

Not really a lot to go wrong with a front wheel on one of these. Must be duff spacers.
                    79 GS1000S
                    79 GS1000S (another one)
                    80 GSX750
                    80 GS550
                    80 CB650 cafe racer
                    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
                    X