tires for GS Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tires for 1978 gs550

just bought my first bike and i had to get new tires for it. i was told they were tubless and they said it on the side but they had tubes in them. is it possible to make them tubeless or did these come standard as tubed tires.they are alloy rims so it confused me because they wasnt any spoke but it had tubes

Comment

Your link to dual sport tires on Cycle Gear is down but if you're looking for a dual sport and you want it cheap, Kenda 761 is my recommendation. I did a review on it a while back that you can see here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978gs550 View Post
        just bought my first bike and i had to get new tires for it. i was told they were tubless and they said it on the side but they had tubes in them. is it possible to make them tubeless or did these come standard as tubed tires.they are alloy rims so it confused me because they wasnt any spoke but it had tubes
        for a 78 GS550, you no doubt have spoke wheels. From what I understand, you can mount a tubeless tire on a bike that requires tubed tires, but you still need a tube because of the spoke wheels. I see this is your first post, welcome! Post a message in the GS Owners section (http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...play.php?f=101), and Basscliff will be along shortly with your Megawelcome, which has a ton of helpful information and resources.

Comment

Originally posted by shirazdrum View Post
          Your link to dual sport tires on Cycle Gear is down but if you're looking for a dual sport and you want it cheap, Kenda 761 is my recommendation. I did a review on it a while back that you can see here.

http://www.motorcyclememoir.com/archives/1952
          only problem, at least for the 450E, Kenda doesn't offer this tire in right sizes.

Comment

Working...
          X