Rear wheel alignment 750T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear wheel alignment 750T

I 've went through this bike over the last year and the trouble I'm having is that that the handlebars aren't straight when going down the road. I've rebuilt the forks and lined everything up, replaced the handlbars etc. The other day I had it on the centerstand and was eyeballing it when I noticed the rear wheel wasn't sitting straight. I then measured from the inside of the swingarm pivot to the rear axle and the wheel was indeed not pointing straight. It was slanted to the right. (The swingarm bearings are good, no slack). I have straighten it up some and it seems to be improving. I'm over 1/2 a mark off and will have to go some more. My question is this. Is it uncommon for this to happen, ie. having to disregard the marks to get the rear wheel alignment right? It shows no signs of ever being wrecked, everything seem is stock with no road rash (23k miles) and it handles fine with no weaving or corrections needed when going over uneven roads at speed. Can't even teel that anything is amiss by riding it.

I just aligned my rear wheel after a tire change.

I used the meathod of measuring from centerline of swing arm to centerline of axle.

Perfect alignment verified by chain / rear sprocket wear.

My adjustment marks are slighly off too.

I think the chain / sprocket wear is a good indicator if you are in alignment or not.

Comment

I would use the string method to aligh rear wheels. See where the handle bars are when the front and rear wheels are aligned. Might be that the bars are bent or something more serious.

Once it is aligned remember to count revolutions of the adjusters when making chain adjustments.(i.e adjust chain side for slack, the match revolutions on right side).

Comment

Working...
      X