Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cartridge Emulators + Front end rebuild - What to replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well well....

Another amazing 12 hour day @ Joe's custom speed shop....a fully catered event with performances by Frank Zappa and Black Sabbath. I even got some bonus tech support from Bob of Baatfam Productions!

The "stiction" issue was 100% the telefix fork brace. I must have tweaked it back @ track day when I went down. Took it off and the front forks came right up. Too late to turn back now...

Broke down the front end and installed new seals & other bits, Race Tech cartridge emulators and my Tarozzi fork brace. Got my new Ikons on the rear and went for a late night test ride.

WOW!!!! It doesn't even feel like the same bike. I can hammer the front and it comes back up smoothly...not like a pogo stick. The rear feels very planted and again, no pogo stick punching back up. I only took it around the hood a few times so I can't wait to get it out for a real ride.

Many and multiple thanks to Joe and Cathy for always taking care of me and also to Bob for his help. You guys are amazing and I would be screwed without you....'sniff sniff'

Comment

Congrats mate (now stop crying you sausage jockey! )
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        Haha ...thats an uphill sausage jockey mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
          I suspect your main stiction issue is that POS fork brace.
          Originally posted by 80gs1000e View Post
          The "stiction" issue was 100% the telefix fork brace.
          Go figure.....

Originally posted by 80gs1000e View Post
          Many and multiple thanks to Joe and Cathy for always taking care of me and also to Bob for his help. You guys are amazing and I would be screwed without you....'sniff sniff'
          Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
          I'm the one who should be crying. If you only knew how many hours I have spent working on Dom's bike and how inept he is.........Quite an uphill gardener!
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

At least he's entertaining though
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
            X