Taller rear shock for GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taller rear shock for GS1100E

I'm fitting a gsxr front end and want a shock that's about 340-345mm tall vs. the 330 originals. Any recommendations on what will fit?
    Thanks

Originally posted by selecw View Post
    I'm fitting a gsxr front end and want a shock that's about 340-345mm tall vs. the 330 originals. Any recommendations on what will fit?
    Thanks
    it will cost ; how much you want to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
      it will cost ; how much you want to spend.

$500 ? Something less than Ohlins

Comment

Discover YSS Suspension, Thailand's leading motorcycle suspension brand. Elevate your ride with our innovative products like the PD Valve Fork Emulator and Fork Cartridge Kits. Trusted in over 30 countries, YSS promises unmatched comfort, control, and precision for every journey. Experience the difference today.

try these guys both have quality shocks
        Last edited by posplayr; 06-09-2011, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Bah. Ikon makes a replacement shock for the CB1100F that fits. It's 14.3" long just under an inch longer than stock. Works well for speeding up the handling. Wouldn't want to go much longer than that. If you're sticking with the stock swinger that will work great as it's eye to clevis mount same as stock. If you are changing things up a set of KYB shocks from a ZRX will be awesome. 14.5". I have a set. Low miles $350 an they're yours but they're eye to eye mount.

Comment

Plus one on the longer Honda shocks - this was considered 'standard procedure' by many over here. The Honda frame mounting pin is about 2mm thicker so you'll have to pinch a couple of Suzuki bushes to make them fit. Hagon can supply as well for a bit cheaper (but not as good as Ikon).
            79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Ikon 7610-1413 vs Ohlins 36E?

Looks like the Ikon is $360 on their website but $275 at Z1, altho it looks like it's out of stock there...
              Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

The Ohlins is $595...

Comment

Working...
              X