valve stems, balancing, tubes etc???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve stems, balancing, tubes etc???

I crashed my GS 450 S back in April. Since I knew it was going to take awhile to mend up and rebuild the bike I decided to do all the stuff I always wanted to do while the bike was down. One thing was powder coat the wheels. I got them back today and plan to mount the tires next week. I'm wondering what to do about tubes or tubeless as the same rims that are on the bike have tubes installed. I would like to go tubeless and would need new valve stems, any advice on what to use? Also, what about balancing? I'd like to avoid weights on my new shiny white rims. What would you guys recommend for internal balancing?

I just put new tires on a couple weeks ago. I used Dyna Balance Beads. 200 miles, and an 85 mph+ jaunt up the interstate, I am completely happy with them. I use tubes, btw, but it is a matter of preference if your rims are "tubeless tire applicable."

Comment

Do a search for tubeless/tube tyres on here and do us all a dam favour

Comment

The only problem I had with the beads is it took for-ever to pour them through the tube stem. If you go tubeless and your careful, you can just pour them in the tire before seating the tires bead.

Comment

Thanks for the helpful replies. Tubes/tubeless was actually secondary to my main interest, balancing and valve stems. The Dynabalance beads sound worth looking into. My rims are stamped for tubeless tires, I just thought it odd that the PO has installed tubes on them. Idle curiosity really. I appreciate the overall positive nature of folks on this forum. I suppose the odd negative post can be written off...........

Comment

Your rims came up nice! And don't mind Sharpy, he's a good bloke
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
            X