GXR forks and shocks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GXR forks and shocks ?

Anyone know if the rear shock and forks could be used on a 1983 GS750E ?
    Last edited by bccap; 07-12-2011, 02:39 PM.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

OMG! Buy it NOW! $300 for both rims, 2 sets of USD forks, and half of an engine is a deal.

I think Posplayr used first gen GSXR parts on his bike. These should fit great!

EDIT: And it comes with 40mm and 36mm carbs!!!!
    Last edited by Guest; 07-12-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Like this one?
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Yes. Most of those parts will fit, mine has '89 1100 wheels on it with rf900 forks because i prefer the looks of a conventional style fork. I'm rebuilding a '89 gsxr750 motor for my '83.

Comment

I didn't realize those wheels would just bolt on. I gather from Chainsaws enthusiasm that USD are good forks ? Don't know what I'd do with the rest of the stuff though. Anyway I have emailed him for more pics.
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            I didn't realize those wheels would just bolt on. I gather from Chainsaws enthusiasm that USD are good forks ? Don't know what I'd do with the rest of the stuff though. Anyway I have emailed him for more pics.
            I'd say it's more of a personal preference. USD forks are usually shorter than RSU forks. I don't know if this would be a fair comparison but I've ridden an SV650 with RSU forks and a GSXR with USD forks. Felt mostly the same.

But don't take my word for it. I know nothing .

Comment

Thake all the stuff ,
              RR transmission are close ratio type.
              I wish i was closer to BC.
              Marc
              AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
              1978 GS1000C X2
              1978 GS1000E X2
              1979 GS1000S
              1979 gs1000
              1983 gs400e

Comment

Well, I'll jump in here...
                I wouldn't want to start any sort of bidding war over that listing. Also, since I'm only interested in the forks and would end up re-selling most of the other bits..

How much would you want for one of those sets of usd forks???
                I'm looking for forks to get away from the air fork on my son's '85 gs700e.
                PM me please if you are willing to discuss it.

Comment

Here are the pics he sent me. He says I have first dibs as I was the first to call.

1983 GS 750

Comment

Is he asking $300 for everything? If so, get it. You can stuff that GSXR engine in your GS750 frame. You can use those rims and tires. You can use the forks although you'd have to round up the missing parts (triple tree, brake calipers, axle, etc.). There's also a lot of carbs there. I would think that the rear shock will also work and be a nice upgrade. Then you can sell off what you don't need

EDIT: By the way, I may be interested in the 36mm carbs if you don't want them.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

From the looks of that shock it would fit an '83 750, if it's too short you could add some length to the piece that is between the swingarm and the bellcrank that bolts to the top of the shock. Oh, and i'd be interested in one of the sets of 40mm carbs...

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't return his call quickly enough. Oh well !!
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

I would be interested in the rear shock and master cylinder.
                          1979 GS850G
                          2004 SV650N track bike
                          2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                          LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Looks like a good deal to me, and whatever you don't use someone will buy it

Comment

Working...
                            X