a preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a preference?

Since I have made my decision on which tire to get (Bridgestone S11) I was faced with this confusion of tire tubes. I just got the crazy idea to go actually look at the tires to see if anything is written on the tires(I know, crazy idea right?)and I see the front says tubeless , but the rear doesnt say anything. doing a little more looking around, I see in big capital letters TUBELESS TIRE APPLICABLE. The word "applicable" makes me think that it is recommended to have one, but not required.

The question is do YOU guys (and gals) have any opinions on this matter? Maybe some experiences with this situation? Thanks!!!

Hi,

Here's what I know (or what I think I know).

The Bridgestone Spitfire S11 are tubeless tires.

You have to go by what the wheel says and not the tire. "Tubeless Tire Applicable" means you can use a tubeless tire on that wheel without an inner tube. This is the setup for my rear wheel. (You don't necessarily have to use a tubeless tire.)

My front wheel does not say "Tubeless". So, even though the tire itself is tubeless, I use an inner tube.

Many have reported that they have used tubeless tires (w/o tubes) on rims not marked as "tubeless". But there can be an issue with the porosity of the rim and the bead of the rim which can lead to leaking air or the tire coming off during a catastrophic failure.

A search of the forums will find lots of posts on the subject.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X