sonofacottonpickinmudderfarkwad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonofacottonpickinmudderfarkwad

Finally down to the last steps before turning the key to see if my rebuild skills are worthwhile. I had ordered HEL lines from Sportbike+ back in April. Bremzen lines showed up at my door. When I emailed to enquire, they told me that the replacements were more than adequate, and I would even be receiving a modest refund. The refund never came. Further emails weren't returned. Still, I figured it would be just fine.

So tonight I'm on the final steps. Remount the calipers, attach the lines and pressurize the system. It was all going according to plan until I tried to attach the lines. TOO SHORT. By about 2 inches! I've sent an email to see if they're willing to help out, but the order was a few months ago and of note, my login doesn't work any longer on the site.

Needless to say, I'm not in a very good mood. Off to bed...tomorrow is a new day!

I take it the title is the Canadian version of Damn It??
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Did you buy on a credit card? Seek a refund that way.
      Also get these guys posted to the deadbeats section.

What is the URL for their website?
      Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I'm going to give them until the end of today to see if they reply to my most recent issue. If I don't hear from them I'll post the site.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
          I take it the title is the Canadian version of Damn It??
          No it's a special Saskatewan version of damn it

Comment

Of course it will have to be added to the banned list of words along with the greek word for seed.

Did these folks contact you? And what is that url?

Comment

Haha - we have a few Sask-specific words...

No contact whatsoever from them. The website is sportbikeplus.com
              I'd have to recommend steering clear.

I managed to find two rec-supply stores in town that each had mix-and-match braided lines. Oddly enough everyone only seems to carry one of each size, so I had to do a lot of driving trying to sort things out. I couldn't find black but they'll have to do.

Comment

Bloody hell the mission statemetn starts with
                "Why shop Sportbikeplus? Because we know parts."

Comment

interesting when you type in the phone number in a google search it comes up with another equally slick website.

hmmm now to do a fruitless whois on their domain.

Comment

oh the trail is sooo interesting
                    they appear to be some sort of multi-faced webmarketing enterprise.

Comment

and they appear in Miramar FL for a perverse site called All Bike Brakes.

These people are some sort of bastards.

Comment

punch 12048 miramar pkwy, miramar, fl 33025 into google maps and you can see the home of the All Bike Brakes purported location.

God boredom and the internet are wonderful dance partners.

Anyways it shows a large warehouse. So these three presumably unique web stores are actually being run out of a warehouse?
                        This reeks Z1 has live people and an actual real live member.

There is a note on one of the buildings ABB
                        but they could not be the same as these guys could they?
                        ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers to write the future of industrial digitalization and realize value.

ABB and all bike brakes.......
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2011, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Some impressive sleuthing! I know about the L7 connection; when you call you're automatically kicked over to an answering service that identifies sportbikeplus as an L7 holding. I must have just been lucky to talk to an actual person when I called the first time to verify it was legit before ordering my brakes. I haven't talked to anyone there since.

Comment

They look very much like a series of front ends that are set up to takes as much as possible and fold quickly and disappear.

Drive by shooters of the internet marketing world. I imagine if the site can generate a wad of cash in the 4-6 weeks it would take for ****ed of clients to wake up then disappear the purpose of the company is fulfilled.

No need to worry about customer satisfaction because they are not a legitimate business.

Comment

Working...
                            X