Front brake resivor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake resivor.

I have a 85 gs 700e. I need to replace the whole thing it's to far gone to repair it. What years and models other than mine can I use?

almost all of them. if you have a single disc any model will work. if you have twin discs, get one from a twin disc model
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I have two disk but I think it's a single line from the resivor to a splitter... Does that still matter if I get one off of a single or not?

Comment

The # of lines makes no difference. It is the # of disks

Comment

What's the difference in the two is what I'm asking?

Comment

Originally posted by oldviolin501 View Post
            What's the difference in the two is what I'm asking?
            a master cylinder with a 2 disc set up has to provide enough fluid volume and pressure to make 2 calipers work. a 1 disc set up has a smaller pressure/fluid to only make 1 caliper work
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

ok, cool. thanks for the help

Comment

There should be a number stamped on the bottom of the master. That's your piston bore size. You could use just about any master that clamps onto 7/8" bars with that same piston size and 10mm right-hand thread mirror mount successfully.

Smaller diameter pistons produce more pressure, less movement. The single-caliper masters from the GSes are usually 14mm IIRC, I think the duals are 5/8" (?) or about 16mm.

Comment

Working...
                X