No announcement yet.

Dual Disc Spoke Wheel Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I get get what you mean. Right, I guess it all depends on the brake lineup.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

The GS 750 wire wheels are exactly the same from a dimension standpoint as the GS 1000 EC mag wheels.
      The fact that the front wheel is not pointing straight means that eitheir the triple tees are bent or the fork tubes are bent.
      This would also explain why the wheel appears closer to one side...
      Check the tubes first by rotating them 360° while holding the bottom part fixed.
      If these are OK place a piece of flat glass on the tubes as they protude from the lower triple tee.
      If the piece of glass rocks by more than 0.5 mm the tees are bent
      sigpicJohn Kat
      My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
      GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

Just try popping the wheel between your legs and twisting the handlebars straight like you would on a pushbike.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          Just try popping the wheel between your legs and twisting the handlebars straight like you would on a pushbike.
          yeah, that is what i ended up doing and it is looking a bit better now, it's about 90% there.

Comment

Working...
          X