poor handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poor handling

After getting new tires bike feels strange,was thinking it might be steering stem bearings but after I the bike on lift they seem fine? Have put on tires and wheel lots of times and everything is right on so I am lost for now..just hope it's not the tires.

Who did tire mounting and wheel /tire reattachment on bike(yr/model/history or more please),how many tires and tire brand,model size etc.,where purchased.What brand tire size etc. on wheels before new tire(s) installed .Describe handling problems w/details.Is so that, you riding bike or not at present? Did you recently perform other work on bike or change/add accessories.

Comment

Did you check the tire pressure?
      82 GS1100E
      five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
      Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

Yes, check psi w/known correct/calibrated gauge..first check for sure.

Comment

Hi,

Did you put on tires that were wider than the stock tires for the rim? Are the wheels aligned properly? How old are the tires? Did you check the date code? What bike? What tires? Are the brakes dragging? Anything at the rotors or pads pinched? All spacers in the right place on the axle? Steering stem nut too tight? Loose nut on the handlebars?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 09-22-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Make sure the tires are seated on the rim !!!!

Comment

Handles poorly?

Are you sure it's a GS....?

Maybe someone snuck in your garage at night and replaced your frame and suspension with a Harley.

Comment

Please describe the poor handling:what is it,when,of course why?Can be discussed. Little note(like it matters,but)my computer is failing,heading for crash,last post TFN,good luck,dont ride a poor handling motorcycle,please fix it...

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
                  Handles poorly?

Are you sure it's a GS....?

Maybe someone snuck in your garage at night and replaced your frame and suspension with a Harley.

Never riden a Harley have ya?
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

He probably has, but I certainly have....

Cornered like a hippo on a wet mud bank.. Just. Did. Not. Want. To. Turn!

Comment

Hard to explain ,just feels wierd sorry thats the best I can do,If I remember right it might have started before tires it just got worse after tires ,these tires make my bike sit higher than before, usually get low profile tires but for some reason the bike shop got these and I hate them everything checks out but still think steering stem problem.can anyone point out good low profile tires was absent minded and didn't pay attention to old tire size or brand,the bikes has struts and 750 forks so the bike is lowered but always rode very well until now? its a 81 1100 e

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                        He probably has, but I certainly have....

Cornered like a hippo on a wet mud bank.. Just. Did. Not. Want. To. Turn!
                        You've riden all of em?
                        sigpic

82 GS850
                        78 GS1000
                        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                        .................________-|___\____
                        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Alright here we go , only reason I posted this is to start the harley bashing.

Comment

Working...
                          X