Master cylinder piston rubber boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master cylinder piston rubber boot.

So I was moving the rubber boot to get to the snap ring when I noticed that the rubber boot has a small hole in it.. I cannot seem to find a way to get the boot without the rest of the piston cup set (#1 in pic).. All the sites list that area as one complete part. Any ideas or as long as the hole is small will I be ok?

Contact Bendix and tell them your bore I.D.
    They probably have a rebuild kit with that seal or perhaps a local brake specialty shop.
    My counterman (that I have known for years) just pulled one out of his parts bin of left over parts and gave one to me.

Daniel

Comment

cool.. Any idea if the boot is more to keep dirt out or to keep fluid in?

Comment

keeps dirt and water out if the rubber is in not decomposing, I would put a dab of silicone on it to plug the hole before ordering a new kit, but im extremly "frugal".

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          Contact Bendix and tell them your bore I.D.
          They probably have a rebuild kit with that seal or perhaps a local brake specialty shop.
          My counterman (that I have known for years) just pulled one out of his parts bin of left over parts and gave one to me.

Daniel

Where would I find the bore id number.. The boot was trashed so will definitely have to get a new one..

Comment

Working...
          X