Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need advice on rear shocks.

Hello.

I'm thinking of removing the original rear shocks on my Katana 650, but I do not know which to decide, because I am far from USA and I want to be sure of my purchase.
    The model for where I'm thinking are:

-Progressive Suspension 12 Series
    -Hagon non-adjustable
    -Hagon 2810 adjustable

I am also thinking about changing the front fork springs with the following:

-Hagon
    -PROGESSIVE.

What is the best option?

Thank you.

Hagon rears are nice...bought a pair but haven't installed yet since I can't ride for a few more weeks.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Get the best you can afford to get. Hagons are supposedly good stuff. Never used em myself, but they get good reviews, and if you can afford adjustable ones, do it. Be sure to get them sprung for your weight (do NOT include a pillion or luggage into the equation) and ask what/ how much damping adjustability they have. I would guess that if you called your Hagon distributor, or went to the source, they should be able to spring them correctly, and perhaps even valve them correctly.
      If you ride "swiftly", damping adjustment is a big plus.

Up front, Sonic straight rate springs are quite popular, as are Progessive. Another worthy addition if they're available for your forks are Race-tech's gold valve cartridge emulators. They can be a bit pricey for some, (roughly $150USD a set) but if youre looking to get the most out of the suspension without doing heavy mods with modern running gear, they're the way to go.

Comment

Well, I think I'm going to decide by 2810 Hagon with damping control, but even now I am in doubt with the front fork springs if I choose Sonic or Progressive.

It is very evident difference between them?.

My weight is 80kg and generally drive through the streets and highway, with a few quick moments and always without pillion or luggage.

About Race-Tech cartridge emulators valve's gold may be in the future.

Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

Comment

You know, I think you'd do well to call your local representative or maybe even the company and ask. I'm sure they can set you up with the right equipment a lot easier.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Ok, thank you.

The problem is that I live in South America and there's not representative of any of the products I mentioned.

That's why I want to make sure of my purchase and ask questions in the forum since once purchased I do not think the return on the guarantee in case of failure due to shipping costs.

Here in Uruguay there are only small motorcycle dampers and are made in China!

Comment

Go here and start the conversation:

I have not dealt with them myself, but they have a good reputation.

Comment

Working...
              X