GSXR swingarm installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR swingarm installed

Finally got around to installing the new swingarm in my L today. Straight bolt in with no modifications necessary. Total time including putting the tools away and cleanup was 2 hours. Haven't gone for a test ride yet but will report back.I guess it's an E swingarm. Looks a lot sturdier than the old steel pipe setup.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2011, 06:19 PM.

Originally posted by OLDENUFF View Post
    Finally got around to installing the new swingarm in my L today. Straight bolt in with no modifications necessary. Total time including putting the tools away and cleanup was 2 hours. Haven't gone for a test ride yet but will report back.

I was gonna say a GSXR mono shock in 2 hours you must really be good................ Instead that looks like a GS1100E swinger. Nice job anyway. Does the L have a 17mm swingarm bolt like the E?

Comment

Yep. Same size bolt.

Comment

Yup. That's an 1100e swinger. While theres been some debate on whether or not it's actually any stiffer, it's definitely lighter. And lighter is good.

Comment

This is the set-up I'm looking for. Aluminum swingarm, slotted rotors, and, I'm assuming, bigger pads to bolt-on to my '79 GS1000E. What years/models should I be shopping for? I want the s/a, and f/r brakes. Bolt-on.

Comment

Working...
          X