82 1100e loose fill in rearend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 1100e loose fill in rearend

Trying to figure this out has worked me over.The issue is when you are turning onto another road at just normal riding the rear end seems to push out,going down the road it fills normal,even on curves.
    All stock Almost new front and rear connt. tires,sprocket & chain,no loose axle nut,rear wheel is in line.
    Thanks

When was the last time you changed the wheel bearings?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

1100e slipping out when turning

Bought bike used early 2010,Both tires were new at purchased.I purchased this bike off ebay from Akron Suzuki Works In his add he stated all that they had repaired or replaced on the bike so I assumed they checked the bearings.Everything he stated when I purchased this bike has been on the money [He has 100% feedback]super nice people.I did put bike on center stand and you fill no play
      thanks

Comment

Tight swingarm and shocks? Shocks set right? Plenty of air in tires? Rear wheel rim not bent?
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
          Plenty of air in tires?
          Id go with this one..
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

All that was checked earlier,no bent rim,tight swing arm,both shock setting are sitting on 3 and air pressure is 33 psi rear 35psi front ,I ride alone no passenger

Comment

Originally posted by vrodcp View Post
              when you are turning onto another road at just normal riding the rear end seems to push out,going down the road it fills normal,even on curves.
              Run this by us again. Kind of a perplexing symptom . Does it seem to do it in both directions ? Does it do it in every turn ? Was there anything done to the head bearings ?
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Mainly to the right around 15 to 25 mph is when you fill it. Head bearings had been done from Akron suzuki works.I've put 1200 miles in this bike and it seened to have started 100 miles or so ago.Also I for got to mention when I use the rear brake only it seems to fill different [already checked the calipher brace]
                Agin thanks

Comment

I assume the 33 psi is when cold, which when compared to mine is a little low. When you check the air pressure after it's warmed up, how many pounds does it increase? You want to be about 2psi increase max.

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Wheel alignment ok? Don't rely on the swinging arm marks - check with a straight edge instead.
                    79 GS1000S
                    79 GS1000S (another one)
                    80 GSX750
                    80 GS550
                    80 CB650 cafe racer
                    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Air pressure checked cold and goes up 1-2 lbs depending on how long of ride.I just got back from riding 15-20 miles and when I returned I set it on centerstand I may found my problem! Tried tuning tire and it felt hard to turn.So I tapped the rear calipher with a hammer ,It went right to normal.Iguess when I was braking rear caliper or hose is causing my problen.I'm going to replace the rear hose with a steel [original hose may be calapsing on the inside,and replace the caliper afterwards even if the hose takes care of my problem.I've learned replace one thing at a time
                      Has anyone purchased or heard of Akron Suzuki Works.They seem to be top notch

Comment

When was the last time you cleaned the MC and made sure the return port is clear?

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

I hav'nt since I've owned it. I was not awear of return port.Is there a Thread on doing a complte clean and flush?
                          Thanks agin

Comment

Check this site out - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...-ends.html#A02 - and doing searches on here will turn up tons of brake master cylinder rebuild threads

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Your axle nut isn't tight enough or you don't have the right spacers on the brake side of the wheel. When you hit the brake, it's pulling the wheel toward the caliper. Fix it. It's dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                              X