83 gs750e rear rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs750e rear rim

ive looking for some advice i want to put a wider rear tire on and the stock rear rim wont work, what rim will. i dont care if it matches i want a 150/17 tire im looking for more direct fitment then fabbing up something

Just out of curiosity what size is the E rim? I saw a chart once that allowed a 150 on a 2.75 rim. Maybe thats not advised though?

edit: cancel that heres what it was...

tire size..................rim widths
    140/70*17.............3.50/4.00/4.50
    150/60*17
    150/70*17

Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

The late model 1150 had a 3.5" wheel which would work and has the same spoke pattern..

Comment

any other rims fit i cant find 1150 rims at a okay price

Comment

Take a look at the clearance of your current tire on both sides. There isn't a lot of room there.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
          https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

I picked up a 3.5" 1150 rim for $50, I just had to have patience and keep looking, I mounted a 150/70/17 on it.

Comment

I'm running a 160 with no problems in the stock swingarm.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                Take a look at the clearance of your current tire on both sides. There isn't a lot of room there.
                i have a 130 on there now and theres a inch on both sides

Comment

Brake arm needs to be modded,that is where it's close.Had a big 130 on one of the parts bikes.Some PO cut out the part that would rub.

Comment

Im liking this thread, I just put a 750 E swingarm on my bike, will the 3.5" 1150 wheel fit in there or is that a wider swingarm than the 750? I currently have my 750 L 2.75" wheel in there and had to file down some stuff to get it in as the swingarm I had before was wider.

Comment

The brake torque arm can simply be bent to clear the tire.

Comment

Working...
                      X