how to set sag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to set sag?

I searched and found instructions but am not having luck changing back settings.front is good but rear is 11.11 mm's and should be between 15 and 20 mm. That is according to chart that I found on this site. This is with shock springs set to the lightest setting.They did not get better after changing the spring settings.It was measured r-1 = 12 1/8 r-2 = 11 31/32 r-3 = 11 11/32. I am not sure what to change but shocks are cheap emgo shocks. I may be doing it wrong? Maybe shocks are just really stiff. Any ideas? In case I'm way off f-1= 9 3/32 f-2= 7 7/8 f-3= 7 13/32

I have not seen that "chart", so have no idea what all your numbers are, but personally, I would not fret over 3.89mm.

Besides, it's better to have not quite enough, rather than too much. If you really want more "sag", start eating.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

Those cheap EMGO shocks are going to be stiff no matter what you do. I've got mine set on the lowest preload and it's still stiffer than I like. They'll do until I can afford something good.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks, wasnt sure if it was anything, just like to have some idea.

Comment

Working...
        X