Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100GK front axel

Hi Guys
    I am looking for a front axel for a GS1100GK (already under the wanted section). It looks like it is pretty much unique to this bike...or am I wrong? Is there any other bikes use the same axel? (240mm from inside of nut to inside of axel head/outside to outside of lower forks)
    Any help much appreciated

RB (greenbraes)

Is that is a 15mm dia. axle? If it is, one from an '88-'97 gsx600f (teapot) will work. I have one in my spares pile and it is that dia. and length. Only differance is that it has a six sided bolt style end on it rather than the stock round one.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Hi
      To be honest I don't know what diameter it would be, the forks look like they would take something like 21mm diameter but there looks to be spacers/sleeves that may well fit over the axel ends. I have an old axel off a zxr750h1 that I might get away with a small amout of machining, so watch this space, we will see how good at machining I am..lol...and thanks for getting back to me......will go and get a couple of photos

RB

Comment

Right then here are a couple of photos, the axel that is in the photo is off an old ZXR750H1. The ends are 22mm diameter and are just to big for the fork clamps, if I machine them down and reem the forks both by 0.5mm then I might manage. But on saying that a proper axel would be better

Comment

Working...
        X