Aftermarket swingarm ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket swingarm ID?

A few of you may know me but for some reason my old login did not work so I had to re-register. I'm a mod over at Gixxer.com for the oiler section and also a user over at cb1100f.net.

Recently I purchased a parts lot for my oil cooled collection and in it came some parts for what I am certain is a GS750ES. The one part I have a question about in particular is this swingarm. Can anyone verify that it is for a GS750ES, and also who might have made it?

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Long_av8r,

Sorry, I can't help you with your swingarm. But let me give you my standard greeting.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Cliff. I too am in SoCal, and know a few members here from other sites I frequent like Posplayer and RapidRay. I don't have a GS (yet) but I do have a few oil cooled GSXR's.

Comment

Looks like a 83 GS750 swingarm to me.Has bracing that's not stock though.

Here's a stock one,a little polished up

Comment

Looks like it could be for a 750 or an 1150. The two are very simular in apearance. I've never seen one like that one before.
          Last edited by kingofvenus; 11-17-2011, 10:05 PM.
          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Would look good with one of these mounted to it.
            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Here is another view. From the side you can see how it is welded up the center and the chain adjusters/axle carrier.
              Last edited by Guest; 11-17-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
                Would look good with one of these mounted to it.
                Yup, in fact I have a few sets of those too. But that would require new bearings in the wheel, or new axle carrier in the arm since the axle for that wheel is much larger.

Comment

Eccentric adjusters make me think it might be an older Metmachex arm.
                  The Three Horsemen
                  '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                  '83 GS1100ES
                  ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                  Porkchop Express

Comment

Could it be a 83 GPZ750? They had adjusters like that IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                      Eccentric adjusters make me think it might be an older Metmachex arm.
                      That was sort of along the lines I was thinking but I can't find a single pic of a Metmachex for a GS750ES anywhere. I've seen them for CBF's as I had a 900F myself, but never one for the GS bikes. Makes me want to get a frame to mount it up to. You see, I have this spare 1127, and a whole bunch of GSXR parts with nothing to stick them on. Could make a man crazy thinking about it. Whats crazier though is building a bike around a swingarm just because you have it. That's just nutty enough to happen in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                        Could it be a 83 GPZ750? They had adjusters like that IIRC.
                        Yeah, Kawasaki used that type of adjuster on many bikes in the GPz/Ninja line.
                        Shock mount looks totally wrong for a GPz though.
                        The Three Horsemen
                        '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                        '83 GS1100ES
                        ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                        Porkchop Express

Comment

No, definitely not a stock GPz arm, I have one of those as well and it's not even close. Adjusters are close, but the rest isn't.

Comment

OK I just remember the eccentric adjusters.Sure does look like it's for a 3gen 750 to me.Who made it? Got no idea,should be better than stock though.Go find a 3gen and use that puppy
                            Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2011, 12:26 AM.

Comment

So how do you tell the difference between a 750ES and 1150 arm?

Comment

Working...
                              X