No announcement yet.

Aftermarket swingarm ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could possibly be an older JMC arm also.
    I know both Metmachex & JMC are still in business.
    Maybe you could send them a photo & see if they can ID it.
    The Three Horsemen
    '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
    '83 GS1100ES
    ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
    Porkchop Express

Comment

I always thought the JMC arms were entirely constructed from square tube stock, this one has round tube for a brace on it and that's the part that really confuses me. I probably should sent an email to Metmachex to see if they can confirm or deny. I still haven't decided it's fate yet anyway.

Comment

Actually, I think you may be right about that.
        The Three Horsemen
        '83 GS1100ES
        ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Isn't this fun? If only I could find a good shot of a Metmachex for a GS, that would help tremendously. I had hoped someone here would have one.

Comment

Here's one of a JMC on a Katana which I found in a very unlikely place - on a Sportster forum I belong to.

Edit: Wait a minute... That looks more like a Metmachex now that I think about it.
            Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Okay, so now I'm thinking both JMC and Metmachex are out. Who else makes/made arms for the GS's back then?

Comment

Check with the guys on OSS (oldskoolsuzuki.info)
                They are way more into that sort of thing than most folks here.
                The Three Horsemen
                '83 GS1100ES
                ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Okay, will do. Thanks for getting me this far though. At least I'm certain its for a 750ES, now I just have to figure out who made it.

Comment

Just sent Chris Redpath at MotoGP Works an email. I sold him my 900F a few months back and I'm betting he will know. I'll post up when I figure it out.

Comment

Calfab is another possibility.
                      The Three Horsemen
                      '83 GS1100ES
                      ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
                        Calfab is another possibility.
                        I can't believe I forgot about them. I just googled some photos of arms they did for 80's bikes, and they did do this type of arm with square tube for the arm and round for the brace with the eccentric adjusters. I think that may be it...

Comment

Originally posted by Long_av8r View Post
                          So how do you tell the difference between a 750ES and 1150 arm?
                          I think the bottom shock mounts are slightly differant. How wide is that arm at the axle? Looks like it might be. I've changed to a '92 gsxr1100 arm on mine due to how narrow the stocker was, and to gain a little stiffness as well.
                          Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Did you learn anything about the arm?
                            If it is an 1150 arm, do you have a use for it?
                            I'd be interested if it is & you would consider selling.
                            Thanks, Greg B.
                            The Three Horsemen
                            '83 GS1100ES
                            ‘77 XLCR

Porkchop Express

Comment

Yeah, I sent an email to Chris Redpath and he ID'd it as likely being a CalFab for an 83 GS750ES or GS1150ES. I guess by the photos he wasn't sure until he could look at it and I'm actually going to be up his way next week anyway. I've gone over this in my mind about keeping it but right now I've got more GSXR's "in progress" than any man has a right to, so saving this for a "future project" is pure madness. So yeah, I guess it's going to be sold.

Comment

Also, if interested, I have a set of period correct 16" PM's that I'm going to get rid of as well, but these were off of a Ninja 1000R and will likely require some imagination. They will also need to be stripped and re-anodized or powder coated. Front is a 16x2.5 I think, and rear is 16x3.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X