No announcement yet.

semi-floating brake rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBC make good discs. That price is a lot cheaper than we can get them for over here.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      i have kagazumi front and rear wavy discs. top quality, perfect brakes all for £120. not a true "floater" on the front but it works well and looks good
      Is this what you have?

Comment

EBC products that I have seen are very good. From reading their website, it appears that they don't sell Chinese-made products either, so that's a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanBob View Post
          EBC products that I have seen are very good. From reading their website, it appears that they don't sell Chinese-made products either, so that's a plus.
          Made in Northampton. Used to be made by Jocks who followed the steelworks down from north of the border. There are no recycled washing machines in their discs. Quality is first class.
          79 GS1000S
          79 GS1000S (another one)
          80 GSX750
          80 GS550
          80 CB650 cafe racer
          75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
          75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            yep they must have changed their name but top quality and solid discs. dont pay stupid prices for branded discs
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I used them on my FZR400 race bike and it would stand on its nose. I'd go with new.
              There is nothing more dangerous than governing in the name of a theory.---Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                i have kagazumi front and rear wavy discs. top quality, perfect brakes all for £120. not a true "floater" on the front but it works well and looks good
                Yup. Those be the ones. The ZRX guys say they're every bit as good as the Galfers they're copied from. More than a couple use them on their track bike du jour. A set will be going on Rex at some point this winter or spring. I've got a button gone weak on one of the stockers, and the HH pads I use have torn those soft stock ones up already. But damn it will stop your face off.

Comment

WTF with the spamming? Really? I see you have more posts in your count than most of the members. I should think you would be more polite an not be spamming other member's threads.

Comment

Originally posted by keman View Post
                    WTF with the spamming? Really? I see you have more posts in your count than most of the members. I should think you would be more polite an not be spamming other member's threads.
                    Sorry if you think I spamming, but spam is the use of electronic messaging sytems to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. My messages where just as solicited as some posts in this thread that attack other’s intelligence or opinions. My "redirect" posts where not bulk as I purposed to limit it and pick 6 or 7 OT threads that may need a perspective check and some motorcycle related stuff. And indiscriminate usually means haphazard or random, and trust me my redirects where fully intended for specific threads.
                    If you’d like to visit NH and meet me and take a ride together, then you’ll find I’m a pretty nice guy and not impolite.
                    Trust me, I have far fewer posts than a lot of long timers and especially limit my posts in OT. 90% of my posts(IMO) are valid posts in the Tech, Meetingplace or Riding game, or other non-OT sections but if others want to spend most of their forum time in OT then so be it. Just don't get upset if non-regulars jump into the fray occassionally. I have met my share of GS forum members in person for rides and to establish a relationship well beyond the shallow OT one-upmanship. Sorry for the long winded post, but keep your perspective and don’t get too upset and keep riding. Otherwise, you can always report me to the admin!
                    Now do you have any knowledge of semi-floating rotors since you’re in my thread presently?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                      Sorry if you think I spamming, but spam is the use of electronic messaging sytems to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. My messages where just as solicited as some posts in this thread that attack other’s intelligence or opinions. My "redirect" posts where not bulk as I purposed to limit it and pick 6 or 7 OT threads that may need a perspective check and some motorcycle related stuff. And indiscriminate usually means haphazard or random, and trust me my redirects where fully intended for specific threads.
                      If you’d like to visit NH and meet me and take a ride together, then you’ll find I’m a pretty nice guy and not impolite.
                      Trust me, I have far fewer posts than a lot of long timers and especially limit my posts in OT. 90% of my posts(IMO) are valid posts in the Tech, Meetingplace or Riding game, or other non-OT sections but if others want to spend most of their forum time in OT then so be it. Just don't get upset if non-regulars jump into the fray occassionally. I have met my share of GS forum members in person for rides and to establish a relationship well beyond the shallow OT one-upmanship. Sorry for the long winded post, but keep your perspective and don’t get too upset and keep riding. Otherwise, you can always report me to the admin!
                      Now do you have any knowledge of semi-floating rotors since you’re in my thread presently?
                      Lurch, i dont think he was referring to you, i think he was pointing his pathetic post at the cafe kid, your posts are fine and as far as i am concerned so are the cafe kids, they are on topic and contain useful information to someone like yourself who is planning on a disc upgrade
                      1978 GS1085.

Comment

I think keman is a little confused. Steve and TCK are fine. I think TCK was just trying to explain his experiences with the buttons on the floating discs and keman thought he might be hi jacking they thread and jumped the gun??? IDK.
                        1979 GS850G
                        2004 SV650N track bike
                        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

The comment was not intended for Cafe Kid. I was asking about posts that have been made in several unrelated threads re-directing to this thread. While spamming may be the wrong name for it, I refer to posts in off topic threads that have nothing to do with semi-floating brake rotors like the post in the poser thread...

Originally posted by lurch12_2000
                          I have noticed these posts in several other threads and was wondering WTF? Kinda like a remote bump??

Sorry, no, I do not have any input on floaters. I posted in this thread because the links posted in other threads lead here. I did not mean to be rude, I am sure you're a great guy. If you ever get out to the north west, look me up, I cook up some mighty tasty ribs.

Sorry if you were offended.

Comment

sounds a lot like you were aiming at TCK to me, he has a lot more posts than Lurch,and i cant see either of them has done any wrong
                            1978 GS1085.

Comment

The comment was not intended for Cafe Kid. I was asking about posts that have been made in several unrelated threads re-directing to this thread. While spamming may be the wrong name for it, I refer to posts in off topic threads that have nothing to do with semi-floating brake rotors like the post in the poser thread...

I have noticed these posts in several other threads and was wondering WTF? Kinda like a remote bump??

Sorry, no, I do not have any input on floaters. I posted in this thread because the links posted in other threads lead here. I did not mean to be rude, I am sure you're a great guy. If you ever get out to the north west, look me up, I cook up some mighty tasty ribs.

Sorry if you were offended.
                              I made no secret of the redirects here. Stick around the forum long enough and you'll see how OT needs some diversion periodically. All's well when we keep things in perspective and revisit what brought us to the forum in the first place.
                              No real offense taken....and ribs sound good if I'm out there!

Comment

I thought OT was supposed to be out of direction... I actually like reading some of the threads when they go wonkie! I get a sense that you may like to mess with their heads a bit in there. I tend to Stir the pot once in a while too. It's all in good fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X